Vehicle History and Inspections
Transparent Car Buying
Our used car dealerships understand that a great vehicle isn't just affordable; it's reliable, too. So, as a part of our commitment to provide drivers nationwide with a transparent car buying experience, Val-U-Line® is proud to offer a CARFAX Vehicle History Report™ and an extensive safety inspection with our pre-owned vehicle inventory.
What is a Vehicle History Report?
When you're buying a used car, you want to make sure the vehicle you choose is a reliable option. This is where a CARFAX Vehicle History Report™ can help.
Think of a vehicle history report as a report card for a used car. It contains tons of information to help you learn about a pre-owned vehicle's past life. A few details in a vehicle history report include:
- Service and maintenance history
- Reported accident information
- Owner history
- Open recalls
- Damage history
The information in each report is designed to help all car buyers find the right pre-owned vehicle that safe and dependable enough for their specific needs. Whether you're searching for a car that's only had one owner or you're in the market for something with no record of structural damage, this resource can make it easier to make your car-buying decision.
How to Check a Car History
The easiest way to check a car's history is to ask the dealership for the vehicle history report. Typically, dealerships, like Val-U-Line®, offer this resource for each car in their inventory. Once you have it, you'll want to keep an eye out for a few things to make sure you're getting the reliability you need.
- Accident History. If the history report says that the car you want has been in an accident, pay close attention to how it performs when you schedule a test drive. Being involved in a collision may sometimes lead to performance issues depending on the severity and how it was repaired.
- Damage History. As with accidents, you'll want to check the details of any damage history as this can cause performance problems. If there was any damage reported, check to make sure that it was addressed and repaired as needed.
- Service Details. The vehicle report should include information on any reported service and maintenance performed under each owner. With these details, you can see if the car you want has gotten the service and repairs needed for its safety.
- Open Recalls. If you want to make sure the used vehicle you want can give you a reliable performance, the report can tell if it has any recalls and if the necessary repairs were made.
In addition to all the items listed in the report, you also want to look for any inspection information. Our used car dealerships perform a 360-point safety inspection, so you be sure that you're getting a car you can count on. Plus, we can provide you with the inspection summary for added peace of mind.
Get Your Vehicle History Report
When it comes to shopping for a used car, we want all drivers to know that they'll be getting something that's dependable and safe. That's why we're proud to offer a CARFAX Vehicle History Report™ with every pre-owned car in our inventory.
With a detailed vehicle history report as well as an inspection summary, we can help you get all the information you need to choose the best and most dependable used car for you!
So, check out our selection of used cars and grab a vehicle history report to get an idea of how reliable they can be. For more information, feel free to contact our team!